Monday, March 17, 2008

Fred Deutsch

Fred Deutsch

Fred Deutsch, South Dakota, USA, K-12

I’m a school board member from Watertown, South Dakota. I’ve been married 25 years and am the father of four great daughters. I blog about local and US education from the perspective of a school board member.

School-of-Thought - currently offline
I created school-of-thought.net to share my ideas, dreams, concerns, musings, goals, love and passion about education. I focus on issues relevant to state and national education, as well as issues relevant to our 2800 student k-12 system and our 1200 student tech school.

I believe the more I can learn from professional educators, the better the school board member I can become. I also believe the more everyday citizens can all talk about the things we like and don’t like in our public schools, the more we can all do to make them even better.

Theme: 21st century literacy, dropout reduction, education goals, education politics, federal funding, gifted education, global competitiveness, graduation, highly qualified teachers, I.D.E.A., leadership, local control, NCLB, student achievement, teachers, technology, voluntary pre-school