Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sarah Stewart

Sarah Stewart

Sarah Stewart, New Zealand, Tertiary, Midwifery, Health

I wear many hats including midwife and Senior Lecturer in Midwifery at Otago Polytechnic, Dunedin, New Zealand. I am also enrolled as a PhD candidate at the Centre for Online Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane. I have always been interested in support and professional development for health professionals.

My research combines that with my other interest: the Internet. My PhD project is comparing traditional support and professional development to e-mentoring (mentoring provided by email) as experienced by aged care nurses and allied health professionals in Queensland, Australia.

Sarah's Musings
The aim of the blog is to discuss issues facing midwifery/health education and professional development. It aims to explore the issues of using Web 2.0, both for personal learning and also as a teaching tool. And finally, it aims to be a resource for students and midwives, and anyone else interested in learning, teaching and midwifery.

Theme: midwifery, health, Web 2.0, mentoring
Latest Posts