Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Helena Butterfield

Helena Butterfield

Helena Butterfield, Stockton-on-Tees, England, UK, Secondary, MFL

I am an MFL teacher at Ian Ramsey CE School, a Language College in Stockton-on-Tees in the northeast of England. I’ve taught in various schools locally over the past 13years and am currently teaching French and German, after having cut back on some of my responsibilities since having my children. Over the last year I have been developing the use of technology in my teaching and helping others in my school and local area to do likewise. I have been involved in training colleagues at my school and local schools in blogging and podcasting.

Langwitch
This is my school blog, where I add work done by pupils I work with. In addition, I put some homework tasks there to be done and add useful and fun links that I hope will enhance the language learning of the pupils at Ian Ramsey.

Je blogue, tu blogues…let’s blog!
Our eTwinning blog. We are creating this blog with the pupils from Collège St Exupéry in Bourges, France. Our students create material for the blog and comment on one another’s work. This is building up pupils’ confidence in the linguistic abilities and increasing motivation for language learning both at Ian Ramsey and St. Exupéry.

Themes: MFL, french, german