Friday, April 22, 2011

Maureen Ingram

Maureen Ingram

Maureen Ingram, USA, Primary, Early Childhood

Maureen Ingram has been involved with parent participatory schools for some 20 years. She currently works as a mentor for new early childhood teachers and teaches a weekly mixed-age preschool class.

Maureen has a keen interest in open-ended exploratory learning, problem-solving with young children, social/emotional learning, and helping both parents and teachers understand their preschoolers. She is President of the Potomac Association of Cooperative Teachers (which provides training opportunities for early childhood educators from D.C., Maryland, and Virginia).

MYI Early Childhood Reflections
I see this blog as a dwelling place for my enthusiasm about "all things early childhood." I teach 3 year olds and I love it. I also mentor new early childhood teachers.

I enjoy exploring why I do things a certain way - the "theory" behind the "practice." I'd love for this blog to be a soft place for teachers, parents, and caregivers to land, to consider a variety of educational topics, and perhaps help us understand little ones a little better.

Theme: early childhood, preschool, exploration, engineering, parenting, curriculum, problem solving, discipline, creativity, critical thinking, reflection

Latest Posts