Thursday, March 11, 2010

Erlina R Ronda



Erlina R Ronda, Philippines, All Sectors, Mathematics Education

I was a high school mathematics teacher for eight years before my current work as mathematics educator for in-service teachers.

Assessing and Teaching K-10 mathematics
I believe that K-10 mathematics is about developing students' mathematical thinking and communication capacities first, and, knowing mathematics next.

Experience has also taught me that mathematics is best learned in the context of solving problems and doing mathematical investigations. This blog is my contribution to narrowing the gap between theory and practice in mathematics teaching and learning.

Theme: teaching mathematics, assessment, problem solving, mathematical investigations, professional development of mathematics teachers, lesson study, teacher learning, theory and practice

Latest Posts