Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jennifer Bissonnette

Jennifer Bissonnette

Jennifer Bissonnette, USA, Middle Grades, 4-8, Language Arts

I’m a middle school teacher who loves to read and teach reading. Currently, I teach 6th grade Language Arts in Boise, Idaho. Before that, I taught 1st and 3rd grades at a public arts magnet school in Chattanooga, TN.

I’ve also had the honor of collaborating with teachers throughout the East Coast as a consultant with the National Paideia Center at the University of North Carolina. I am passionate about public education and making a difference in kids’ lives.

I’m always focused on what I can do to get kids into books and to love reading as much as I do. When I’m not teaching or reading, I am gardening, hiking, testing new recipes, going to the movies, enjoying a long afternoon nap, or spending time with my husband. Life is good!

Hunting for Treasure
My blog was created to share teaching ideas that are successful in in my classroom, connect teachers to professional resources, and to review young adult literature.

Theme: young adult literature reviews, reading, writer's workshop, professional development, book reviews, mentor texts

Latest Posts