Friday, April 3, 2009

Kevin Blissett

Kevin Blissett

Kevin Blissett, China, Secondary, TOK, English, Spanish

was born and raised in Louisville, Kentucky. While growing up, I excelled in sports and academics, attending advanced program schools in the public system and studying on the honors track at a parochial high school. I played American football for eight years and also played on basketball and baseball teams. Upon graduating from high school, I served a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the New Mexico-Albuquerque Mission (Spanish speaking). From there I enrolled at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah and graduated in three years on full and partial tuition scholarships.

I was inducted into the Phi Kappa Phi national honor society and into Sigma Delta Pi, the Hispanic studies honor society. My post graduate work took me to Vanderbilt University School of Law (degree incomplete) and then to the University of Louisville, again on full-tuition scholarship, where I did my master’s work. I spent ten years as a Spanish and Humanities teacher in the Jefferson County Public School system where I also assumed leadership positions. Moreover, I enjoyed serving as a football and track coach.

I had my first experience in international education at the Busan Foreign School in Korea. From there I moved on to China where I’ve been serving as the principal of the international department of Xi’an Hi-Tech International School in Xi’an, China.

Kevin Blissett: Out of the Cave - currently offline
A blog discussing educational issues, with a focus on technology, administrative tools, and curriculum.

Kevin Blissett: Out of the Cave - old blog

Theme: curriculum, technology, classroom 2.0, management, inquiry, blogs, social media, university admission