Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Andrew Marcinek

Andrew Marcinek

Andrew Marcinek, USA, Secondary

I am a 2003 graduate of the University of Miami, FL. At Miami, I received my Bachelors of Science in communications and English literature. In 2006, I completed my Masters in Secondary Education from Eastern University. My most recent teaching position was at Springfield Township High School. I taught secondary language arts in a classroom that is equipped to meet the needs of the 21st century student.

One of my lessons was recently featured in Edutopia, an online and print educational journal. In addition to my teaching, I helped draft the twelfth grade language arts curriculum at Springfield. I am the advisor for the Model Organization of American States group and am the head coach of the junior varsity baseball team.

In 2008, I was selected by the senior class to deliver the graduation address. In my community, I volunteer weekly at the Saunders House assisted living facility and am a big brother with the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Norristown program. On the weekends, I volunteer my time as a coach with the Lower Merion Township youth basketball program.

iTeach
iTeach will be a forum for educators who are interested in synthesizing their content and curriculum with web 2.0 applications. There will be a variety of lesson plans from various disciplines and grade levels.

It is my hope, that this site will generate creativity and progress in the classroom of the future as well as stimulating collaboration between educators all over the world.

Theme: education, web 2.0, technology, secondary education, high school, engage, communication, collaboration, elearning