Monday, June 23, 2008

Judith Jakes

Judith Jakes

Judith Jakes, England, UK, All Sectors, All Subjects

I am a curriculum developer at a CLC in North London. I have been teaching for over 30 years, 27 years involving computers. My current role involves encouraging staff and students to try some of the creative uses of ICT and to work with Web 2.0 resources.

I enjoy working across all the keystages and particularly working with disenchanted, demotivated students in order to re-engage them with education. I run a number of blogs, some are software specific and others are as hubs for CPD that I deliver to teachers.

I started blogging about 18 months ago and really enjoy the interaction with people across the world.

Transformation Teachers Programme
This is my journey through the TTP programme during the Pilot scheme and was my first blog. I use it for just general comments.

Transformation Teachers Programme - Cohort 1
This one is the the hub for the current course and hopefully acts as an example of different web 2.0 resources and ideas for the current set of participants.

New Technologies and 6th Form
This is my latest blog which I am creating to support the development of work with Sixth Forms and encouraging them to use new technologies.

Themes: new technologies, web 2.0, apple, teaching, learning, ICT, blogging, media, health and social care, PE, business, enterprise