Tuesday, February 26, 2008

George Briggs

George Briggs

George Briggs, Whitby, Ontario, Canada, Primary, Secondary, Independent Schools Association, Teaching and Technology

I am the Executive Director of an independent school association in Canada. Prior to this, I was the Principal of a small (but mighty) independent school in Canada, where I introduced a laptop programme through the school from grades 6 through 12. It was a fascinating journey and convinced me of the critical importance of technology in student learning. I taught (including my time as a Principal) for 35 years and would not have given up a moment - well maybe a moment or two - but it has been a great vocation. I hope to continue contributing to student learning by helping teachers shift.

Blogging Heads
This blog will provide daily (Monday through Thursday) updates and interesting and relevant bits of news for CIS Heads of School.

Theme: teaching, technology, constructivism, e-learning