Cynthia Charles, USA, Higher Education, Faculty Professional Development
Cynthia J. Charles is the Interim Director/College of General Education Library Liaison, of the Will W. Alexander Library at Dillard University. She’s also the Creator/Blogger/Administrator of the Dillard University Center for Teaching, Learning and Academic Technology Blog, Facebook page, Twitter feed, Wiki and MOODLE web applications.
Dillard University Center for Teaching, Learning and Academic Technology
The Dillard University Center for Teaching, Learning and Academic Technology (DUCTLAT) is essential in helping faculty effectively manage technology on and off campus.
An important aspect of this initiative is achieved by bringing groups of faculty members together to learn the technology necessary to develop electronic resources for their courses and themselves, while planning and beginning the development of shared curricular materials.
Cultivating faculty success at all levels reinforces the University's commitment to build premier faculty learning communities. All faculty, deans and academic administrators play a critical role in creating competitive and productive academic units in which expectations for faculty performance are clearly articulated and professional achievements are recognized and rewarded.
The goals of the CTLAT at Dillard University are to...
1. Encourage research of effective teaching.
2. Improve teaching mastery of the faculty.
3. Enhance effective, discipline-based pedagogy
Increase research support for faculty.
The CTLAT supports faculty through...
1. Professional development programs targeted to faculty from early career through senior leadership.
2. Print and online resources to inform and educate.
3. Analyses of trends and models of practice for faculty retention, advancement and contributions
Theme: blackboard, learning, technology, management, faculty, education