Thursday, March 24, 2011

Zeina Nehme

Zeina Nehme

Zeina Nehme, Lebanon, Higher, Mathematics

I am a faculty member in the mathematics department at two American Universities in Lebanon, while pursuing my Ed.D. at St Louis University, in the US.

In 2004, I taught mathematics and Arabic language, face-to-face and online in the small rural and remote villages of Northwest Alaska. In Fairbanks, I was a research scholar, conducting research on distance education and providing training to faculty members on the effective use of technology in teaching.

Concerning technology, I have been using Blackboard, Elluminate Live, blogs and wikis. I received many certificates on distance education, and became a Certified Online Instructor (COI) and published few articles as well.

From 2007 to 2009, I lived in Saudi Arabia and taught mathematics to Saudi female students in a private American University. In addition, I was an active member in the Professional Development committee on campus.

Applications of Linear Algebra
The Linear Algebra course is based on the idea of matrices. The applications of matrices in this course seem abstract, dry and difficult to understand. Hence, I created a Blog and asked students to find real life use of matrices, which I think, will make the course a bit more enjoyable, fun and the blog might entice the learning process.

Theme: business math, 3D, physics, finance, cryptology, economics, engineering, geometry, marketing, matlab, photography, music, traffic, rss feed

Latest Posts