Monday, December 20, 2010

Troy P. Roddy

Troy P. Roddy

Troy P. Roddy, Ph.D., USA, Primary, Secondary, Post Secondary

Upon graduating in 1993 from Rhodes College (Memphis, TN) with a B.A. in Business Administration, I began my career in education. Since then, I have taught a variety of subjects ranging from Middle and Upper School History to Lower School Physical Education. In addition to teaching, I served in a number of administrative positions, including: Dean of Students, Assistant Principal, Head of Middle School, and Head of School. I have a M.Ed. in Sports Management, a M.Ed. in Educational Administration, and a Ph.D. in Educational Leadership (University of New Orleans). My primary area of focus and research has been private/independent school leadership.

I have been honored twice by former students for inclusion in Who's Who Among America's Teachers and was an award winning baseball coach. When not teaching, writing, or performing my administrative duties, I enjoy exercising, spending time with my family, and reading.

I currently serve as Head of the Middle School at Wakefield School in The Plains, VA where I write Middle Ground, my blog for Wakefield School's Middle School division

The Art of Education
The Art of Education is a collection of thoughts, comments, insights, and information concerning education and educational leadership.

Theme: leadership, education, educational leadership, independent schools, teaching, learning

Latest Posts