Sunday, August 8, 2010

Lynn H

Lynn H

Lynn H, USA, Primary, Administration

I am the principal of an elementary school K-6, in a large diverse district.

>Edship-Educational Leadership - currently offline
The purpose of this website is to give a glance into the real world of Elementary Education from the eye of an administrator. Many of my experiences were never studied in a text book or given in lecture.

No one ever mentioned that when a student threw up in my office I would be sick for a week or that a staff member would give an obscene hand gesture in a staff meeting. Who knew that parents when frightened or did not get their way could become shaming, disrespectful and abusive.

No one mentioned that when I anonymously made a difference in a child’s life that my heart would stop and tears would come to my eyes, or that I would witness gifted teaching beyond description or a community of families that worked tirelessly to help their children.

It is my hope that this information will support other educational leaders, help teachers, parents and force me to grow as a leader.

Theme: educational leadership, instructional technology, data analysis, school, teaching, teacher