Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jill Mendel

Jill Mendel

Jill Mendel, USA, Primary, All Subjects

I have been teaching almost 20 years. I have taught in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade classrooms. Currently I am a teacher of gifted and talented students ranging in age from 5 to 12 years old.

I also work with kindergarten through second grade classes teaching critical thinking skills and problem solving strategies. I have been integrating technology into all my teaching experiences and have loved every minute of it.

Technology in the Classroom
Teaching in the Classroom is a resource for ideas about how to integrate technology in the classroom. The ideas are tested and used in real classrooms. Many of the ideas are free and utilize web 2.0 tools. Topics also include uses of an interactive white board such at the Promethean Activboard.

All the ideas regardless of subject matter; math, communication arts, science, or social studies, focus on improved student achievement.

Theme: integration, technology integration, activboard, web 2.0, math, communication, arts, science