Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jennifer Dorman

Jennifer Dorman

Jennifer Dorman, Pennsylvania, USA, Primary, Secondary, K-12, Adult, University, Education

I am a Staff Development Facilitator in the Central Bucks School District. I work as a generalist focusing on best instructional practices with our eight secondary schools and with all Central Bucks schools as a technology integration resource. I also teach graduate-level education courses. My Masters degree is in Instructional Technology and I was recognized as a Keystone Technology Integrator in 2005. I am active in both the KTI network and the Discovery Educator Network, serving as the chair and blog coordinator for the Discovery Educator Network Pennsylvania Leadership Council.

In 2008, the Pennsylvania Association for Educational Communications and Technology recognized me as the Outstanding Leader of the Year and I represented PA at the National Educational Computing Conference in 2008 as the state's nominee for the International Society for Technology in Education Leader of the Year Award. In addition to my in-district professional workshops, I have presented at numerous regional and national conference and institutes and have delivered a keynote presentation for the Discovery Educator Network Virtual Conference. I have also been the featured guest on the EdTechTalk syndicated podcast, It's Elementary. I provided testimony at state congressional hearings in Harrisburg, PA, and have been part of presentation teams who have worked directly with state legislators. I authored articles for the Discovery Education Classroom Resource Guide and have been featured in articles in Education Week Digital Directions and THE Journal.

Prior to moving into staff development, I taught social studies and business information technology for 10 years and was recognized as the Middle School Teacher of the Year in 2006 by the Pennsylvania Council for the Social Studies.

Cliotech
The musings of an educator and professed webinerd in a flattening world.

Theme: education, technology, learning, school, teaching, web 2.0