Friday, April 25, 2008

Marian Thacher

Marian Thacher

Marian Thacher, California, USA, Adult Education, ESL, Basic Skills

I am the director of OTAN, an adult education project in California that supports the use of technology in adult education. We are especially focused on basic skills, working with learners who need to improve basic literacy and math skills.

One of our goals is to infuse technology into the classroom because it enhances instruction and because it is a fundamental aspect of literacy. Before coming to OTAN I worked as a teacher of English as a Second Language to adults for many years.

Adult Education and Technology
My blog is about new ways to use technology in the adult education classroom, and reflections on the rapid development of Web tools for learning.

I go to and present at a lot of conferences and I learn a lot from my colleagues, but lately I would say I'm learning more from links that people post on Twitter than anywhere else.

Theme: adult education, ed tech