Friday, March 7, 2008

Scott Merrick

Scott Merrick

Scott Merrick, USA, Elementary, Technology

I consider myself a learner and an educator and everything I do springs from those two habits of mind. I'm a perennial presenter at NECC, ISTE's annual meet-up of educational technologists, teachers, and administrators, and I teach K-4 technology at University School of Nashville and work one day a week at the Vanderbilt Center for Science Outreach as Teacher-in-residence.

My personal/professional web involvement has been active since 1995 and there is a trail of evidence in cyberspace to support that claim. I started blogging to report out a professional speaking trip to Japan in 2002 and since then blogging has become an integral part of my life, so much so that I created and maintain the Blogger's Hut in Second Life's ISTE Island, a little virtual building dedicated to educational blogs and blogging.

My primary blog redirects from http://scottmerrick.net/ and all the rest can be accessed from there. Four of my most educationally themed blogs are:

scottmerrick
The personal/professional shareshare from a K12 educator in Nashville, Tennessee


Themes: teaching, learning, K12, K-4, videoconferencing, web20, web 2.0, NECC, ISTE, blogging, blog, podcasting, second life, virtual worlds, technology, distance learning

Latest Posts