Friday, March 7, 2008

Scott Merrick

Scott Merrick

Scott Merrick, USA, Elementary, Technology

I consider myself a learner and an educator and everything I do springs from those two habits of mind. I'm a perennial presenter at NECC, ISTE's annual meet-up of educational technologists, teachers, and administrators, and I teach K-4 technology at University School of Nashville and work one day a week at the Vanderbilt Center for Science Outreach as Teacher-in-residence.

My personal/professional web involvement has been active since 1995 and there is a trail of evidence in cyberspace to support that claim. I started blogging to report out a professional speaking trip to Japan in 2002 and since then blogging has become an integral part of my life, so much so that I created and maintain the Blogger's Hut in Second Life's ISTE Island, a little virtual building dedicated to educational blogs and blogging.

My primary blog redirects from and all the rest can be accessed from there. Four of my most educationally themed blogs are:

The personal/professional shareshare from a K12 educator in Nashville, Tennessee

Oh! Second Life
Educational explorations in Second Life

USN Lower School Technology!
Weekly communications about the goings-on in a busy K-4 computer lab
Interactive videoconferencing at University School of Nashville

Themes: teaching, learning, K12, K-4, videoconferencing, web20, web 2.0, NECC, ISTE, blogging, blog, podcasting, second life, virtual worlds, technology, distance learning